Prototype Installation, Beijing, China
Commissioned for ABB Architecture Beijing Biennale Exhibition
Curator: Xu Weiguo, Neil Leach
OCEAN D: Tom Verebes, Wade Stevens, Robert Elfer, Kevin Cespedes
- ABB Architecture Beijing Biennale, 2004
- Verebes, T., (2008). AADRL Documents 2: DRL TEN, A Design Research Compendium. (Obuchi, Y., Schumacher, P., Spyropoulos, T., Verebes, T., Eds.). London: AA Publications.
- Verebes, T., (2007). “Architectural Computation: Reasons and/or Experiments”, EdA3, Info(rm)architecture: The Performative Architecture of the Digital Age. (Meossi, M. Guest Ed.). Issue 3/2007. Padova, Italy: Il Prato. pp. 82-89.
- OCEAN D, (2004). 10x10_2: 100 Architects 10 Critics. (Zaha Hadid, Ed.). New York: Phaidon. pp. 260-263
- Verebes, T., (2004). “Innovation and Practice – Reconstituting the Practice and Product of Architecture”.
- Architectural Review Australia. Digital Architecture, Issue no. 090. (Benjamin, A., Guest Ed. ). pp. 102-105.
For the 2004 Beijing Biennale, ocean D had designed a small kitchen and lounge area of the Chamonix apartment at full scale. A diagrid forms the topography of walls and flooring, which is covered by flexible tiles and plastered over. This is a full size mock-up built on site in Beijing.